Middle School Pastor Search Overview & Requirements
Bethel Korean Presbyterian Church (“Bethel”) is seeking a full time pastor for its middle school ministry, which we call God’s Loved Ones (GLO) ministry.
Bethel was first established in 1979 in the metropolitan Baltimore area, which is currently located in Ellicott City, Maryland. Bethel is a unique Korean American church, lead by the Senior Pastor Rev. Daniel Shinjong Baeq, with two strong congregations, Korean and English ministries, under one roof. Bethel’s Christian Education ministry consist of over 400 strong students in every level of children’s learning stages: Young Children’s Ministry (YCM), Bethel Elementary Christian Ministry (BECM), God’s Loved Ones (GLO: middle school), Bethel Youth Group (BYG: high school). GLO ministry has over 70 students.
Bethel is seeking a full-time GLO pastor who has God’s calling to serve our middle school ministry of over 70 students. We are seeking a servant who is committed to serve God in accordance with the Biblical teachings of the 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. We seek a pastor to proclaim Jesus Christ, teach Bible to our children and make disciples of Christ with the following minimum qualifications:
1. Committed calling for youth ministry.
2. Completed M.Div. or near completion of the degree from an accredited seminary.
3. Has minimum 3 years (full or part time) of ministry experience, youth ministry experience plus.
4. Committed to Reformed Theology and the doctrine of the Westminster Confession of Faith.
5. Fluent in English, and speaking or understanding of Korean language is plus.
For consideration, an applicant is requested to submit the following GLO Pastor Application Package:
1. GLO Pastor Application Package - Please use the link at the bottom of this page
3. References: 3 references (name, email & cell phone) from any of the following categories: (i) Parishioner: someone you have ministered/disciple; (ii) Church servant: someone you have worked with; and (iii) Ministerial: a pastor you have worked with.
4. Sermons: 3 sample sermons you preached to a congregation in MP3 or link format.
5. Ordination (if applicable)
6. Seminary Transcript
Contact Information: Please submit your completed GLO Application Package to the following by May 18, 2019. All Applications will be reviewed as they are received:
Bethel Korean Presbyterian Church
3165 St. Johns Lane
Ellicott City, MD 21042
Attn: Jonathan Ahn