Bethel Theological Seminary admits all qualified applicants regardless of age, sexual preference, national origin, race, creed, marital status, disability, or ethnic origin. All applicants must submit official academic transcripts, diplomas, or records of all previous education at secondary education and/or higher educational institution(s) attended. Failure to comply may result in admission being denied, may delay enrollment at BTS. BTS recruits and admits domestic students who have demonstrated the potential to complete BTS academic programs successfully. Motivation and interest to succeed are considered in addition to the applicant’s academic qualifications.
To be admitted to the Master of Christian Studies (MCS) program, students must possess a bachelor’s degree earned from an accredited institution, with a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 or above.
BTS will adopt an online admission application available on the BTS’s website, https://www.bethelchurch.org/betheltheologicalseminary. An applicant may request to obtain a manual specified the applying procedures, BTS Online Application Guidance, observing the following procedures:
1. Upload and submit all admissions required documents with completed Online Application form (Admission application form is linked to the BTS website).
2. Application Fee of $100 (Non-refundable) must be paid with the completed Application form.
3. Official transcript(s) from all colleges or universities previously attended to the Admissions Office at Bethel Theological Seminary.
4. Two (2) Reference Letters; one Professor or Faculty in the College/University last attended and one Pastor of Christian leader in Church or mission organizations.
5. One (1) Passport-sized color photos; Copy of Driver’s license, and Permanent Resident Card.
6. Student conducts an Admission Interview if needed with Staff member or Academic Department.
7. Students will be notified of the decision of the Admission Office.
* The Office of Admissions reserves the right to request additional copies and/or information from the student, should it be deemed necessary to make an admission decision or in the event that the submitted documents are illegible.
Program Procedures and Time Limit
The Office of Admissions is responsible for the admission of students to the MCS program. Each fall semester in general begins at the end of August, and each spring semester begins at the end of January. One-week intensive class will be offered during both summer and winter vacations. (Admission application form is attached.)
As an enrollment agreement, any written contract or agreement signed by a prospective student will not become valid until the student makes an initial visit to the Seminary and attends the first class of instruction.
For an orientation of the program, BTS encourages all prospective students to visit BTS prior to the first day of class for a tour of the campus facility and to obtain detailed information about their program, information of BTS, and others that may influence student’s decision for enrollment.
Transfer Credits and Re-Admissions
Transfer students must submit all of the forms listed in the Application Procedure. An official transcript from each post-secondary educational institution previously attended must be sent directly to the BTS Registrar from the registrar of the respective institution.
After more than one year of leave of absence or withdrawal from BTS, students must re-submit a new Application Form and pay the fee in order to re-enroll. In addition, readmitted students must comply with all current BTS Policies and Regulations and are subjected to the current tuition and fees schedule as well as the curriculum at the time of re-enrollment. Students shall retain their original student identification number.
In order for students to graduate they must fulfill all the requirements of the MCS program prescribed in the curriculum design. Students who attend the general course schedule (within two years) may graduate according to the rules of the MCS of their original enrollment periods. But those who have been absent from the school for more than one semester must receive the academic advice at BTS to apply for the new students’ graduation requirements and time limit.
Graduation Requirements are followings:
1. Completion of 36 credit hours of prescribed studies
2. A cumulative grade point average of 2.0
3. A passing grade on the graduation assessment(s)
Bethel Theological Seminary is a religious educational institution operating in the State of Maryland pursuant to an exemption granted by the Maryland Higher Education Commission, without a certificate of approval from the Commission, as specified in the Code of Maryland Regulations 13B.02.04.